LIFE Methodology for Business and Biodiversity
The LIFE Methodology for Business and Biodiversity is an instrument that enables a clear and objective analysis of pressure, impacts (positive and negative), risks, dependencies and opportunities in business’ relationship with biodiversity.
Applied through the LIFE Key software, it offers metrics that allow organizations to quantitatively and qualitatively assess and monitor their performance in relation to biodiversity. In this way, its application strategically guides organizations in making more effective and efficient decisions with their investments in conservation actions.
The implementation of LIFE Methodology by companies allow them to report on several corporate initiatives:
- Kunming-Montreal Global Biodiversity Framework (CBD/ONU): Targets 15, 18 and 19
- DJSI: Annual Corporate Sustainability Assessment (CSA) Questionnaire Biodiversity Exposure & Assessment (2.6.2)
- CDP – Climate Change 2023 Questionnaire (C15 Biodiversity)
- GRI – biodiversity related topics
- SDG – Sustainable Development Goals directly related to the integrity of biosphere, among others.